The CAPITAL CONTROLS® Chloralert™ Plus Series 17CA3000 is a state-of-the-art device for rapidly measuring and alarming the ambient presence of low concentrations of toxic gases.
The microprocessor-based receiver can accept input from up to four independent sensors each designed to accurately determine part per million levels of Chlorine or Sulfur Dioxide. The receiver enclosure is NEMA 4X rated and can be wall-mounted wherever the monitored gases are manufactured, stored or utilized. Each gas sensor may be located up to 1000 feet (305 meters) from the receiver. Multiple relays allow for remote alarming and activation of ancillary safety equipment such as blowers, scrubbers, etc.
The Series 17CA3000 incorporates a unique one-man calibration procedure that allows one person to calibrate each sensor using the optional CAL2000 Calibrator. This feature allows the person doing the calibration to have an instantaneous indication of the progress of the calibration at the sensor location.
The multi-line digital display shows the operating conditions of each of the sensors simultaneously. This includes an indication of the actual detected gas levels in either pmm or mg/m3 as well as any operational or concentration alarms.
Configurable concentration alarms for instantaneous, short term exposure limit (STEL) and time-weighted average (TWA) to meet various regulatory agency requirements.
• Monitors: Simultaneously monitors Chlorine and Sulfur Dioxide gas.
• Long Sensor Life: 2 years under normal operating conditions.
• Flexible Configuration: Up to four combinations of gas sensors with up to nine assignable alarm relays.
• Convenient Installation: NEMA 4X receiver housing allows indoor or outdoor mounting up to 1000 feet (305 meters) from sensor locations.
• Simple Calibration: Menu-driven procedure allows one person to easily calibrate sensor(s) and receiver.
• Comprehensive Display: 2 line by 20 characters backlit LCD conveniently displays instantaneous readings, short term exposure limits (STEL), time-weighted averages TWA), calibration data, alarm settings, alarm conditions and alarm history for each gas sensor.
• Minimal Maintenance: Self-diagnostics and sensor failure detection standard.
• Alarm history: Most recent 40 alarms held in battery protected SRAM memory on a first-in/first-out basis.
• Uninterrupted Operation: Optional battery backup allows up to 24 hours of operation with main power failure.
• Communications: Optional 4-20 mAdc, RS232 or RS485
Minimum Detectable Concentration: 0.1 ppm
Response and Recovery Time: Less than one minute for 90% of exposure concentration
Ambient Conditions: Temperature 22° to 131°F (-30° to 55°C), Relative Humidity 0-100% non-condensing, Barometric Pressure 0.8 to 1.2 atmospheres
Sensor Distance: Up to 1000 feet (305 meters) from the receiver
Calibration Mode: Automatic, non-intrusive, remote single person
Rating: Nema 4X (IP65)
Connection: ½” conduit
Weight: 21 oz. (.34 kg)