|The CAPITAL CONTROLS® VEGA™|
is a disposable chlorinator vacuum regulator vent gas arrestor designed to treat occasional chlorine gas vent releases that may accompany Chlorine container changeovers and fouled vacuum regulator inlet valves. The field-tested VEGA™ prevents nuisance tripping of Chlorine room air sensor alarms; helps compliance with local, state and federal code restrictions against exhausting Chlorine fumes outside of a building; keeps the building free from Chlorine related acid corrosion.
The VEGA™ is a 5 gallon (18.9 liters) HDPE disposable container of chemically impregnated alumina oxide 4 mm spherical beads designed to react on contact to convert the Chlorine to harmless landfill disposable salt. The solid reaction products are locked in the ceramic bead. This is the same media as used in the EST™ Type DES 3000 large one-ton and EST™ Type DSH 400 150-pound (68 kg) chlorine container scrubbers. Unlike carbon-based media used for the same purpose, the Type “STS” ceramic-based media carries no fear of combustion and has no need of neutralization prior to disposal.
De Nora Water Technologies recommends at least one VEGA™ per vacuum regulator vent. The manifolding of two or more regulator vents to a single VEGA™ is discouraged due to backpressure concerns. As designed, the VEGA™ has less pressure loss than an equal length of vent tubing.
The VEGA™ is equipped with inlet and outlet chlorine colorimetric indicator strips. The white strips turn yellow upon exposure to chlorine gas.
The VEGA™ is also available with “PHD” media for use with Sulfur Dioxide (SO2). Colorimetric indicator strip not available with SO2.
|Features and Benefits:|
• Passive dependable operation – no moving parts
• No liquid chemicals
• Pressure loss less than an equal tubing length
• Media is non-hazardous in fresh or spent forms
• No heaters required above -40°F (-40°C)
• Carbon-free non-flammable alumina oxide media substrate
• Inlet and outlet colorimetric chlorine indicators
• Lightweight with easy carrying handle – less than 35 pounds (15.9 kg)
• Effortless floor mounting
• Complete with 3/8″, 1/2″ and 5/8″ tube connector adaptors
• Compact 10″ sq x 17″ high (25.4 cm sq x 43.2 cm high)
• Piggy-Back stackable rugged HDPE construction
• Safe and Low cost
Arrestor Container and Assembly
• One (1) 10″ square x 17″ high (25.4 cm square x 43.2 cm high), 5 gallons (19.0 liters) high-density polyethylene containers, white opaque, UV inhibited with a lockable lid.
• Side-mounted bottom inlet and top outlet PVC bulkhead fittings with internal screens
• Side-mounted external inlet and outlet clear PVC observation elbows implanted with colorimetric chlorine indicator strips
• One set of three tubing connectors for 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/8″ tubing
• Bulkhead shipping plugs
• 30 pounds (13.6 kg) of Type “STS” dry media, chemically impregnated activated alumina for chlorine treatment
• Built-in hand grips
• Carrying handle
• Total filled weight is 35 pounds (15.9 kg)